A metalized aluminum surface has proven to be the most effective flexible barrier for stopping radiant (infrared) heat. The mirror-like surface reflects radiant heat away, rather than allowing it to be absorbed by the fabric.
Our mirror-like aluminized surface incorporates a proven five-layer structure which ensures a high level of abrasion resistance so that the fabric remains highly reflective after repeated use. The five layers consist of an outer layer of aluminum, protective film, a second layer of aluminum, heat stable adhesive and base fabric HOT-STOP® ‘L’. These layers combine to form a single fabric.
Following are the primary attributes mirror-like aluminized surface fabric has to offer:
- Unique five layer structure for maximum reflectivity and durability
- Most efficient high temperature barrier material
- Reflects 95% of infrared heat
- Inside dimensions: 6″ x 12″ x 20″
Specifications our fabrics can be tested to meet:
- NFPA 1976, Proximity Firefighters Outer Shell requirement
- NFPA 701, Flame Resistant Textiles, Films
- European Standard (EN) for Protective Clothing
- ASTM F955-85
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.